Saturday 16 July 2022

TELEPORTATION - TERENGGANU

 

Travelling 




A 5 hour trip to Terengganu from UPM Serdang was a very long ride. Having gone through 2 years of Covid-19 lockdown, a sudden 5 hours trip was a real shock to my senses. 

I have never been a fan of traveling, mainly because of the commute. I love seeing new places as the next person does but unfortunately, I get carsick with a hint of claustrophobia. 

So one can only imagine how this 5 hour long trip played on my mind, no amount of motion sickness pill could've saved me. Which led to the imagination of, not time travel but, teleportation. 


Teleportation 

Now, this is purely for fun (secretly I wish it exist), teleportation. In the case for teleportation, in the TechnologyReview states that Teleportation Technology has become a standard operation in quantum optics labs around the world. The technique relies on the strange phenomenon of entanglement. This occurs when two quantum objects, such as photons, form at the same instant and point in space and so share the same existence.

So far only information has been able to be teleported. How that happens is when Data is split into smaller bits called packets and transported trough microwaves which are high-frequency waves that travel through the air. There is a process of Data being broken down, going through the motions and being built back up.




If applied directly, I think the human body would not be able to withstand this phenomena. I can only imagine our guts spilling out, bloody splatters all around, eye balls and veins with our bones. Or maybe if we are broken down to atoms and fibers we can travel through the waves. Well, EVEN IF the breaking down process is possible, the building back up of our being would take stitches and surgery. Not a good idea... 



Reality - Metaphor

Another way of looking at teleportation, maybe this "breaking down, moving through the motion and building up" process, if you are willing to be as optimistic as I am for a moment, is already a reality. Metaphorically. 

I think motion sickness is how I am being broken down, taken with motion sickness pills to be even more "broken down", at least in consciousness, while the driver brings me through the motion of the commute. When reaching and standing on solid ground is where the building back up happens.

This metaphor is also very much true whenever going to new places, teleportation bring you to a fresh new place building you back up with even newer pieces with new perspectives.



At least this is what it is for me. A comfort for myself through long and unfamiliar travels. A metaphor I remind myself, that I am Teleporting. I am being b
roken down, going through the motions and built back up in even greater places. Teleportation.




*ps. I realized I have an amount of readers... say hi when you read this :) Would be nice to know who is reading my deep and wacky thoughts. Take care reader.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.